CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 4 December 2010

Another for Mum

Whats going on here I hear you ask? More than one post in a week, well thats because I well and truly had my blogging and crafting head on, oh and I was off work yesterday. As I am sat here now typing this blog (Friday morning, its my first scheduled post so I hope it works) its -8 degrees outside, which is not making me want to get out of bed to deliver this card.

This card is another one made for Mum's birthday, this time off my brothers, but made by me. Mum actually wanted me to make a different project for her card, but I said you can't pick your own card design and put my foot down with a firm hand. So this is one I decided to do for mum, being as we are having such a cold load of weather at the moment I figured why not reflect the weather with a card.

The scalloped edge card was very kindly given to me by Auntie Julie I think both Mum and me would be a little lost in the crafting world with out her. The rest of the papers and cardstock is once again from Kanban, meaning that this card literally cost pennies to make, just the way I like them!!!

Out came the Promarkers once again, this week and Tilda was coloured as follows:
Skin: Pale Pink and Satin
Hair: Caramel and Cinnamon
Pinnifore: Pale and Powder Blue
Dress: Artic and Sky Blue
Basket: Cinnamon and Coca
Wellies: Warm Grey 1, 3 and 5
I added a bit of warmth to the card by using canary yellow for the flowers.

I have used some papermania self adhesive gems in each corner of the card just to give it a more finished feel and to make it just that extra bit nicer for Mum. Now that the card is finished I have picked found the perfect challenge for this card, how lucky is that?
Cute Card Thursday The Blues
Paper Take Weekly Sketch - I set out with this challenge in mind but put my own little spin on it by ofsetting the layering of the image, so I hope its still ok!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! Fabulous colouring.
    Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete