CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 3 December 2010

Happy Birthday Mum!

So today is Mum's birthday,I very much doubt she will be checking up on the blog this morning before I manage to get over to hers and deliver her card, so I can say its safe to finally post the card for her. I made it quite a while ago over at Auntie Julie's House so hopefully I can remember what it was that I used for it which should be easy once I find my scrap of paper I scribbled all the information down on.

OK found it so here goes, I will start off with the colours used for Tilda I have used Promarkers were used for the skin: Pastel Pink and Blush. Though the rest of the colours may shock you having made the card at Auntie Julie's I couldn't use any more of my trusty Promarkers I had to be brave and use copic markers to colour in the rest of Tilda as follows:

Sleeves: RV34 and RV 85
Dress: YG11 and YG23
Shoes, Hair and Tag: E31, E33 and E35
Stem: G05
Flower: RV10, RV13, BV02
The flower also has a touch of glitter on it, I think it was on of the copic glitter pens which I used to do this.

The papers and matting and layering card are all from Kanban, yes even the pale green mirror board though it looks nothing like green on the pictures sorry! The 'Happy Birthday Mum' Sentiment is also from Kanban, along with the pink 'Best Wishes' sticky paper ribbon along the base of the card.

I borrowed one of Auntie Julie's many Martha Stuart punches to give the base of the card a bit more decoration and oomph by punching some of the green mirror board and running the sticky paper ribbon down the centre of it. I think it just takes the card to the next level slightly.

I have finished the card with 3 papermania henbury lane flowers layered up and fastened with a furry pink Dovecraft brad.

I have entered this card in to a couple of challenges:
Magnolia Stamp Lovers Punches
Magnolia Down Under Summer

3 comments:

  1. Awwww What a great Birthday card for your Mum, I'm sure she loves it!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card with us this week at MDUC
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is such a cute card, Nicola! The colours and papers are so summery! Tilda is so sweet and your coloured her beautifully! I know you Mum will love her beautiful card!
    hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mum is going to just love this card - the ribbon was a great touch. Thanks for sharing at the MSL challenge. C2

    ReplyDelete